Daily Current Affairs – 2020
Topic: For Prelims and Mains
Start – UP
Why in News?
The Central Government has now decided to nominate the non-official members on the National Startup Advisory Council .
- The members will comprise of various stakeholders such as founders of successful startups & veterans who have scaled companies in India.
- The term of the non-official members will be for a period of two years.
National Startup Advisory Council:
The Government has set up a National Startup Advisory Council in 2020 to advise the Centre on measures needed to build a strong ecosystem for nurturing innovation and start-ups in the country.
Composition of the Council:
- Chairman: Minister for Commerce & Industry.
- Convener of the Council: Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
- Ex-officio Members: Nominees of the concerned Ministries/Departments/Organizations not below the rank of Joint Secretary.
- Non-official members
- To suggest measures to foster a culture of innovation amongst citizens and students.
- To promote innovation in all sectors of the economy across the country.
- To suggest measures to facilitate public organizations to assimilate innovation.
- To improve public service delivery.
- creation, protection and commercialization of intellectual property rights
Facts for Prelims:
Government announces 23rd January to be celebrated as “PARAKRAM DIWAS’ every year.
- Government of India has decided to celebrate the 125th Birth Anniversary year of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose in a befitting manner at national and international level, beginning from 23rd January 2021.
- A High Level Committee, headed by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has been constituted for deciding the programs.
- To honour and remember Netaji’s indomitable spirit and selfless service to the nation,
- To inspire people of the country, especially the youth,
- To act with fortitude in the face of adversity as Netaji did,
- To infuse in youths a spirit of patriotic fervour.