Daily Current Affairs – 2020
Topic: For Prelims and Mains
Why in News?
Seijosa circle in Arunachal Pradesh’s Pakke-Kessang district has been witnessing climate change for the past decade-and-a-half.
- Seijosa, one of the five administrative divisions of the district, has a population of around 4,000 across 19 villages.
- It lies on the eastern end of the Pakke Tiger Reserve forest and south of the Papum reserve forest of the Khellong forest division.
Factors for climate Change:
- Change in temperatures and rainfall patterns as well as deforestation .
- Micro-climate changes due to massive changes in landscape.
- Human interventions in the forests
- Pakke Kesang has lost around 6,000 hectares of forests between 2000 and 2018.
- Due to frequent flood farmers have lost their crop land.
- The cultivation and productivity of rice have been severely affected.
- Acidification of the soils due to erosion
Facts for Prelims:
- Tejas is a Light Combat Aircrafts-LCA developed in India.
- It is a fighter aircraft with many specialties.
- The structure of Tejas is made of carbon fiber, due to which it is much lighter than planes made from other metals.
- Its development in India began in the 1980s under a program called Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), officially named Tejas (Tejas), in 2003 by the then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- It has been developed by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).