Daily Current Affairs – 2020
Topic: For Prelims and Mains
RE –Invest 2020
Why in news?
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has recently inaugurated the virtual 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020).
The summit is organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy .
About RE-Invest 2020:
- The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
- It will feature a 3-day conference on renewables and future energy choices, and an exhibition of manufacturers, developers, investors and innovators.
- It is expected to be attended by over 75 international Ministerial delegations, over 1000 global industry leaders, and 50,000 delegates.
- It aims to accelerate the worldwide effort to scale up development and deployment of renewable energy and connect the global investment community with Indian energy stakeholders.
- It aims to build upon the success of the first two editions held in 2015 and 2018 and provide an international forum for investment promotion in renewable energy.
Facts for Prelims:
- It is an intelligence coalition, which includes Australia, Canada,New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- These countries are parties to the Multilateral UK-USA Agreement.
- The UK-USA agreement is a multilateral agreement to support signal intelligence.
Origin: It started in the year 1946
Under this, the United States and the United Kingdom agreed to exchange intelligence on communications from other foreign nations.
Canada in the year 1948 and Australia and New Zealand in the year 1956 joined this alliance.