Daily Current Affairs – 2020
Topic: For Prelims and Mains
Why in news?
Union Jal Shakti Minister inaugurates 5th India Water Impact Summit (IWIS) with focus on Arth Ganga-River conservation synchronized development.
IWIS will forge greater interaction between investors and stakeholders in water sector and promote international cooperation for water and river Management.
Objectives of the Summit:
- The Summit will try to discuss and address issues of Agriculture, Human Habitation, both urban and rural, on banks of rivers, Tourism, Energy and Flood Management.
- It proposed 5 Rs” for waste water management which are recycle, reuse, reduce, recharge (ground water) and respect for water.
- To establish an eco-system where economic development goes hand-in-hand with ecological conservation.
- It aims to conserve & protect the local rivers & water bodies
About the IWIS:
- The India Water Impact Conference is an annual event in which the idea is to find ideal solutions to some of the biggest problems related to water in the country.
- For the first time this conference was organized in the year 2012.