Daily Current Affairs – 2020
Topic: For Prelims and Mains
Why in News?
The Gujarat government has recently announced the “Horticulture Development Mission”.
It is also called “Bagayat Development Mission”.
The main objective of this mission is to double the income of farmers who are involved in horticulture and medicinal farming.
- The land lying idle of the Gujarat State Government will be provided on a thirty-year lease. A list of waste land available for allocation will be released on the I-Khedut portal.
- This mission will give priority to farmers using sprinkler and drip irrigation.
- The first phase of this mission will be implemented in some districts.
- Under this mission, tax on land conversion will be waived.
- The mission has fixed the lease amount from Rs 100 to Rs 500 per year per acre.
I Khedut Portal:
- The main objective of this portal is to provide information about various schemes related to farmers.
- In addition, it provides weather conditions, market prices of crops and other information.
Facts for Prelims :
- The Spices Board is a body under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It was formed under the Spices Board Act, 1986 by merging the Cardamom Board and the Spices Export Promotion Council in the year 1987.
- Spices Board is one of the five commodity boards functioning under the Ministry of Commerce.
- It is an autonomous body responsible for promotion of 52 notified spices and development of small and large cardamom.