Daily Current Affairs Questions: 2 Oct 2019
UPSC (IAS) – Pre 2019
Question 1. ‘The developing Asia’ are
(a) Those countries of Asia which have been recognized by the UNO
(b) Those countries of Asia whose GDP is less than $1 Trillian
(c) a group of 45 countries of Asian Development Bank
(d) Those countries of Asia which have been recognized by the EU
Question 2. “Asian Development Outlook” is annually published by?
(a) Asian Development Bank
(b) Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation
(c) Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
Question 3. Consider the following statements with respect to The legislative council-
- Article 71 of the Constitution provides for the option of a state to have a Legislative Council
- Under Article 169, a Legislative Council can be formed if the Legislative Assembly of the State passes a resolution.
- The resolution has to be a majority of the total membership of the Assembly and by a majority of not less than 2/3rd of the members of the Assembly present and voting.
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2 &3
(c) 1 & 3
(d) All the above
Question 4.Consider the following statements about the Regional Councils that was recently recommended by the NITI Aayog-
- It will be formed to address specific issues and contingencies impacting more than one state or a region.
- These councils will be chaired by the Chairperson of the NITI Aayog or his nominee.
- The councils will comprise of the Chief Ministers of States and Lt. Governors of Union Territories in the region.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(a) 1 & 2
(b) 2 & 3
(c) Only 3
(d) 1, 2 & 3
Question 5. Which one of the following countries is not a part of ‘The BASIC countries’?
(c) South Africa