Daily Current Affairs Questions: 14 August 2020
Question 1.In the Indian context, the terms ‘IR8’, ‘IR36’, ‘Sonora 64’ & ‘Lerma Rojo’ are all associated with –
(a) Sustainable development
(b) Cyber security
(c) Food security
(d) Nutrition security
Question 2.Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement often seen in the news recently is an agreement between India and-
Question 3.Consider the following statements with respect to Antarctic Treaty, 1959
- The main objective of the treaty is to allow member countries to collect both soft sediment and hard rock from the Antarctic ocean.
- India is one among the twelve countries which are the original Signatories to the Treaty.
Which of the statement(s) given above is/are correct?
(a) Only 1
(c) Both 1 & 2
Question 4.Consider the following the statements regarding the coal mining in India
- India is third largest coal producer and also the third largest coal importer of the world.
- Dongri Tal II is a major coal mining region in Madhya Pradesh.
- In India, most of the coal production comes from underground mining
(a) 1 & 2
(b) 2 & 3
(c) 1 & 3
(d) 1, 2 & 3
Question 5.Which city will play host to the 2022 Common Wealth Games?
(b) New Delhi
(d) Gold coast