Daily Current Affairs Questions: 02 September 2020
Question 1. Consider the following statements regarding the Circulatory System
- Heart failure means the state of heart when it is not pumping blood effectively enough to meet the needs of the body.
- The heart stops beating in cardiac arrest.
- The heart muscle is suddenly damaged by an inadequate blood supply in heart attack.
(a) 1 & 2
(b) 1 & 3
(c) 2 & 3
Question 2. With reference to the blood in a normal person, which one of the following statements is incorrect?
(a) WBC provides immune system.
(b) The blood has more platelets than WBC.
(c) The number of leukocytes in the blood is often an indicator of disease.
(d) Compared to arteries, veins are less numerous and hold less of the body’s blood at any given time.
Question 3. During exercise
(a) Cell respiration increases
(b) Cell respiration decreases
(c) Oxygen production increases
(d) CO2 production decreases
Answer : a
- During exercise there is an increase in physical activity and muscle cells respire more than they do when the body is at rest.
- The heart rate increases during exercise. The rate and depth of breathing increases – this makes sure that more oxygen is absorbed into the blood, and more carbon dioxide is removed from it.
Question 4. What is not a function of blood?
(a) Carries waste products away
(b) Controls temperature
(c) Controls balance of chemicals in body
(d) Produces acid
Question 5. Which of the following statements with respect to the circulatory system are correct?
- Calcium plays an important role in blood clotting.
- In the human body, red blood cells are produced in bone marrow.
- Cheeks of the people in hilly areas are more red in colour due to increase in production of W.B.C.
(a) 1 & 2
(b) 2 & 3
(c) 1 & 3