Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 7 December 2020
- It adopted the national flag on July 22, 1947.
- It adopted the national anthem and national song on January 24, 1950.
- The Assembly elected Dr. Rajendra Prasad as the first President of India on January 24, 1950.
- States Committee (Committee for Negotiating with states) – Jawaharlal Nehru
- Provincial Constitution Committee – Sardar Patel
- Drafting Committee – Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
- Rules of Procedure Committee – Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- Whenever the Assembly met as the Constituent body it was chaired by Rajendra Prasad and when it met as the legislative body, it was chaired by G. V. Mavlankar.
Dr. Sachchidanand Sinha, the oldest member, was elected as the temporary President of the Assembly, following the French practice.
The Constituent Assembly of India comprised of:
292 members from British provinces, 4 from Chief Commissionaires and 93 from Princely States.