Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 6 Nov 2019
- Adarsh Smaarak in an innovative scheme launched by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), Ministry of Culture.
- It aims to promote basic tourist facilities in well-known historical sites.
- Tiger Hills is located in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K).
- Tiger Hill and Batalik Sector, which hit the headlines in 1999 following occupation of several peaks by Pakistani intruders, will be open to tourists now.
- The Changthangi goat grows a thick, warn undercoat which is the source of Kashmir Pashmina wool – the world‘s finest cashmere measuring between 12-15 microns in fiber thickness.
- These goats are generally domesticated and reared by nomadic communities called the Changpa in the Changthang region of Greater Ladakh of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Bharat Stage (BS) norms are based on European emission norms which, for example, are referred to in a similar manner like Euro 4‘and Euro 6‘.
- These emission standards were set by the central government to keep a check on the pollutant levels emitted by vehicles that use combustion engines.
- To bring them into force, the Central Pollution Control Board sets timelines and standards which have to be followed by automakers.
- Armoured and Specialised Vehicles of Armed/ Paramilitary Forces were exempted from BSVI Emission Norms that will come into Force in April 2020.
Mulshi Dam – Maharashtra
Pavana Dam – Maharashtra
Lal Bahadhur Shastri Dam – Karnataka