Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 31 Oct 2019
- The Mukhya Mantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana has launched to promote the birth of the girl child and empower them by providing them financial help.
- Purpose of the scheme:To enable the parents to take proper care of the girl child with respect to her health and education and other aspects, in order to get the benefit.
- Eligibility:All girl children born after April 1, 2019 are eligible for the full fund.
- For the girl children born before April 1, 2019, the date will be used as a cut-off for other levels, in which they will be entitled to receive a part of the fund.
- Under the scheme, it will provide a fund worth Rs 15000 to every family where a girl child is born. The amount will be released to the family in a phased manner.
- Lebanon’s PM Saad Hariri had to resign after mass protest against imposing tax on WhatsApp and Facebook in the country.
- On October 17, the government announced to impose tax on WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger for sending messages and calls.
- The World Cities Day is celebrated every year on October 31, 2019. The celebrations are focussed on the general theme ‘Better City, Better Life’.
- The theme of 2019 World Cities Day will be “Changing the world: innovations and better life for future generations”.
- Rohit Sharma broke Australian cricketer Don Bradman’s record of highest average in Test cricket on home soil during the Day 2 of India’s third test against South Africa.
- Rohit Sharma with 212 runs recorded an average of 99.84 on home soil, which is higher than Don Bradman’s average of 22 on home soil in test cricket.
- Argentine footballer Lionel Messi was awarded the Golden Shoe Award for the sixth time for scoring 36 goals for Barcelona.
- He is the first player to win this award for three consecutive years.