Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 27 August 2020
- The Beijing Declaration was a resolution adopted by the United Nations at the Fourth World Conference on Women in 1995.
- It sets strategic objectives for the advancement of women and gender equality
- The government of India has recently constituted a high-level technical committee of Public Health Experts for COVID-19 to guide the prevention and control activities in the country.
Answer : a
- Recently the Union Government is taking positive steps for the listing of three languages Bhojpuri, Rajasthani and Bhoti into the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution.
Answer : d
- Sections 269 and 270 of the IPC come under Chapter XIV of the Indian Penal Code– ‘Of Offences Affecting the Public Health, Safety, Convenience, Decency and Morals’.
- Sections 269 (negligent act likely to spread infection of disease dangerous to life) provides for a jail term of six months and/or fine.
- It is released by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations.
- Finland has been ranked first while India got 140th
- The theme of the report is ‘Environment for Happiness’.