Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 23 Jan 2020
- The Central Government has recently notified the structure of the National Startup Advisory Council to advise the Government on measures needed to build a strong ecosystem for nurturing innovation and startups in the country.
- It will be chaired by Minster for Commerce & Industry.
An Indian Wolf (Canis lupus pallipes) has been photographed in the Indian part of the Sundarbans for the first time, sending conservation circles in West Bengal .
- Recently Drones attacked the world’s largest oil processing facility at Abqaiq in Saudi Arabia
- Abqaiq is a Saudi Aramco gated community and oil-processing facilities located in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia.
Answer : a
The Centre has removed from the Central Adverse List names of few foreign nationals involved in anti-India activities.
The list contains:
- Names of individuals who supported the Khalistan movement in 1980s and 90s but left India to take asylum in foreign countries.
- Names of those individuals who are suspected to have links with terrorist outfits or have violated visa norms in their previous visit to India.
- Names of those persons who have indulged in criminal activities or have been accused of sexual crimes against children in their respective countries.
- The scientists of Imperial College London recently said that using the gene-editing tool in the lab was successful for the first time in erasing a whole population of mosquitoes. In the use of Anopheles Gambia species, a gene was identified as double sex, so that more females could not be born in each generation. After only eight generations, no female was left and the population collapsed due to lack of children.