Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 22 Nov 2019
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare has launched SAANS Campaign which stands for ‘Social Awareness and Action to Neutralise Pneumonia Successfully’.
- The aim of the campaign is to reduce child mortality due to pneumonia, which contributes to around 15% deaths annually of children under the age of five.
- The campaign was launched in Gandhinagar, Gujarat at the 6th National Summit on Good, Replicable Practices and Innovations.
- India – Europe 29 Business Forum has been recently organized by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in New Delhi.
- The Europe 29 (E29) region refers to the 29 countries in Central, Eastern and Northern Europe.
- The India – Europe 29 Business Forum will act as a bridge and help close the geographical and knowledge gap between the two regions.
- The Europe 29 region comprises Albania, Liechtenstein, Austria, Lithuania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Malta, Croatia, Moldova, Cyprus, Montenegro, Czech Republic, Norway, Denmark, Poland, Estonia, Romania, Finland, Serbia, Greece, Slovak Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, Iceland, Sweden, Latvia, Switzerland and Turkey.
- According to the IMD World Talent Ranking, 2019, India has slipped 6 places to 59 rank on the global annual list of 63 countries.
- It was released by International Institute for Management Development (IMD).
- The ranking is based on the performance in three main categories — investment and development, appeal and readiness.
- Idris Elba is tiny new wasp species recently discovered in Mexico.
- It was found living as a parasite in the eggs of another insect, known as the ‘bagrada bug’, which is a major pest of cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli.
- So researchers suggest that the species might prove to be a “protector” for many crops.
- Orange the World campaign’ was organised recently by UN Women and other United Nations agencies.
- 25th November has been designed as the Orange Day by the UNiTE to End Violence against Women Campaign.
- The Orange color symbolizes a brighter future, free of violence.
- It serves as a means of demonstrating the solidarity in eliminating all forms of violence.
- Orange is therefore used as the color of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
- As a show of solidarity, the UNESCO globe will be illuminated in orange.
- It also calls upon people from all walks of life, across generations, to take our boldest stand yet against rape.
- The India Gate in Delhi was lit in the orange colour on Wednesday evening to mark the UN campaign.