Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 20 Feb 2020
About Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC):
It is the intervention where babies are placed in skin-to-skin contact with their mothers and exclusively breast fed. It has been recommended worldwide for stable low-birth weight newborns. WHO recommends that it be continued till baby attains a weight of 2.5 kg or till babies wriggle out?
- It is India-UK’s joint military exercise.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct army level joint training with emphasis on counter terrorism operations
- The exercise is conducted alternatively in the United Kingdom and India.
It is practiced in Maharashtra .The Chitrakathi is the name of an occupational caste whose traditional livelihood was to narrate stories aided with pictures sojourning various places.
Answer : c
- International Intellectual Property Index is released by Global Innovation Policy Center or GIPC of the US Chambers of Commerce.
- India has been ranked 40th out of 53 countries on a global intellectual property index 2020.
- India was placed at 36th position among 50 countries in 2019.
- India’s score, however, increased from 36.04 per cent (16.22 out of 45) in 2019 to 38.46 per cent (19.23 out of 50) in 2020, a 2.42 per cent jump in absolute score.
- However, India’s relative score increased by 6.71 per cent.
Answer : b
The Vientiane Action Programme is a remarkable, but not often remarked upon, document. It was drawn up in response to the Declaration of ASEAN Concord II (Bali II) of October 2003 to provide the next step in planning the then proposed ASEAN Community.