Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 20 Dec 2019
- Torrefaction of biomass, e.g., wood or grain, is a mild form of pyrolysis at temperatures typically between 200 and 320 °C.
- Torrefaction changes biomass properties to provide a better fuel quality for combustion and gasification applications
- Power of Siberia is a Gazprom-operated pipeline in Eastern Siberia that transports natural gas from Yakutia to Primorsky Krai and China.
- It is a part of the eastern gas route from Siberia to China. The proposed western gas route to China is known as Power of Siberia .
- Sahitya Akademi, India’s National Academy of Letters, is the central institution for literary dialogue, publication and promotion in the country.
- Sahitya Akademi gives 24 awards annually to literary works in the languages it has recognized and an equal number of awards to literary translations from and into the languages of India.
- Besides the 22 languages enumerated in the Constitution of India, the Sahitya Akademi has recognised English and Rajasthani as languages in which its programme may be implemented.
- It also gives special awards called Bhasha Samman to significant contribution to the languages not formally recognized by the Akademi as also for contribution to classical and medieval literature.
- Sahitya Akademi has recently announced its annual Sahitya Akademi Awards in 23 languages. Award for Nepali will be announced later.
- India is a signatory to the International Convention on Maritime Search and Rescue (SAR), 1979, ratified in May 2001.
- Indian Coast Guard (ICG) is the agency responsible for coordinating Search and Rescue (SAR) in the Indian Search and Rescue Region (ISRR).
- The Indian Coast Guard is also the Nodal Agency for marine oil spill response coordination and has, therefore, formulated the National Oil Spill Disaster Contingency Plan (NOSDCP).
- The Feni river forms part of the India-Bangladesh border.
- It originates in the South Tripura district, India.
- The river passes through Sabroom town on the Indian side, and meets the Bay of Bengal after it flows into Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh has not sent a delegation for the Joint River Commission (JRC) meeting with India that was scheduled to be held recently.