Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 18 Jan 2020
- The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) is the apex statutory bodyfor disaster management in India.
- The NDMA was formally constituted on 27thSeptember 2006, in accordance with the Disaster Management Act, 2005 with Prime Minister as its Chairperson and nine other members, and one such member to be designated as Vice-Chairperson.
- Its primary purpose is to coordinate response to natural or man-made disasters and for capacity-building in disaster resiliency and crisis response.
- It is also the apex body to lay down policies, plans and guidelines for Disaster Management to ensure timely and effective response to disasters.
Zearalenone (ZEN), also known as RAL and F-2 mycotoxin, is a potent estrogenic metabolite produced by some Fusarium and Gibberella species.
- The Indian Ocean Rim Association was set up with the objective of strengthening regional cooperation and sustainable development within the Indian Ocean Region.
- Setup in 1997, it Consists of 22 coastal states bordering the Indian Ocean.
- The IORA is a regional forum, tripartite in nature,bringing together representatives of Government, Business and Academia, for promoting co-operation and closer interaction among them.
Answer : a
- Japan ‘s Hayabusa2 carries multiple science payloads for remote sensing, sampling, and four small roversthat will investigate the asteroid surface to inform the environmental and geological context of the samples collected
Answer : c
- It has been discovered in west Ghat region
- The species has been named Astrobatrachus kurichiyana for its constellation-like markings and the indigenous people of Kurichiyarmala, the hill range where it was found.