Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 17 Jan 2020
The Eight Wonders of the SCO are:
- India — the Statue of Unity.
- Kazakhstan — the Archaeological Landscape of Tamgaly.
- China — The Daming imperial palace complex.
- Kyrgyzstan — Lake Issyk-Kul.
- Pakistan — The Great Mughals’ heritage at Lahore.
- Russia — The Golden Ring cities.
- Tajikistan — The Palace of Nowruz.
- Uzbekistan — the Poi Kalon complex.
- The Brus, also referred to as the Reangs, are spread across the northeastern states of Tripura, Assam, Manipur, and Mizoram.
- In Tripura, they are recognised as a Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group. In Mizoram, they have been targeted by groups that do not consider them indigenous to the state.
Eden Beach – Puducherry
Shivrajpur Beach- Gujarat
Kovalam Beach – Tamil Nadu
Radhanagar Beach- Andaman & Nicobar
Answer : a
- Three Kerala cities—Malappuram, Kozhikode and Kollam—are among the top-10 fastest growing urban regions, in terms of population, in the world, according to the latest rankings by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- Malappuram ranked number 1, while Kozhikode has been ranked number 4;
- Kollam is in the tenth position. No other Indian city has figured in the top 10 list.
- One city from Vietnam (Can Tho), three from China (Suqian, Suzhou and Putian), one from Nigeria (Abuja), one from UAE (Sharjah), and one from Oman (Muscat) find their place in the list. EIU.
Answer : c
- Recently, the sixth meetingof the Island Development Agency held in New Delhi.
- The meetings of the Agency are chaired by the Union Home Minister.