Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 15 Nov 2019
- The New Arrangement to Borrow is the fund mobilization arrangement of the IMF to mobilise additional funds through borrowing from member countries.
- Under NAB, member countries and institutions can stand ready to lend to the Fund.
- The festival was sponsored by the Department of Tourism, Manipur and organized by the Shirui Lily Festival Organizing Committee.
- Manipur Tourism aimed to spread awareness about the endangered Shirui Lily and promoted the district of Ukhrul as a must-visit tourist destination in Manipur through this festival
- Recently Kerala government launched K-Fon (Kerala-Fiber Optic Network) project.
- It will provide free high speed internet connection to over 20 Lakh Below Poverty Line (BPL) families.
- The program is aimed at giving a push to the digitization of government services.
- Kerala was the first in India to announce right to access the Internet as a basic human right.
- It is the India-Russia Military Exercise.
- This year’s iteration of the bilateral exercise will include air, ground, and naval components making it the tri-service exercise.
- It is a small, experimental airplane powered by electricity.
- All-electric technology will make flying cleaner, quieter, and more sustainable.
- It is a project of NASA.
- Located in NASA’s Armstrong Flight Research Center in Edwards, California, the experimental aircraft is in the first of three configurations, called Modification II or Mod II.
- This version replaces a traditional combustion engine with electric cruise motors that are potentially quieter and more efficient, as well as being better for the environment.