Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 15 Jan 2020
- Bojjannakondaand Lingalametta are the twin Buddhist monasteries dating back to the 3rd century BC.
- It is a non-profit charitable organisationregistered under the Societies’ Registration Act, 1860.
- It was founded in 1984 in New Delhiwith the vision to spearhead heritage awareness and conservation in India.
- It has pioneered the conservation and preservation of not just our natural and built heritage but intangible heritage as well.
- In2007, the United Nations awarded INTACH a special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
- Indian scientists have detected the country’s first case of infection with a rare variant of the virus- H9N2– that causes avian influenza, or bird flu.
- H9N2 is a subtype of the influenza A virus,which causes human influenza as well as bird flu.
- The H9N2 subtypewas isolated for the first time in Wisconsin, US in 1966 from turkey flocks.
- H9N2 viruses are found worldwide in wild birds and are endemic in poultry in many areas.
Answer : c
- Sanctuaries and National Parks are areas of significant ecological, floral, faunal or natural significance.
- They are notified by State Governments and protected by the Forest Department under the provisions of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
Answer : b
- Kaziranga National Park is located in the State of Assamand covers 42,996 ha. It is the single largest undisturbed and representative area in the Brahmaputra Valley floodplain.
- The National Highway 37passes through the park area.
- The park also has more than 250 seasonal water bodies, beside the Diphlu Riverrunning through it.