Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 15 Feb 2020
- It is the State animal of Tamil Nadu.
- It is classified as “Endangered” by the IUCN.
- It has been listed under Schedule 1 of the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
- It is endemic to the Nilgiri Hills and the southern portion of the Western Ghats in Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- The Nilgiri tahr inhabits the open montane grassland habitats of the South Western Ghats.
- Eravikulam National Parkin Kerala is home to the largest population.
- Recently, India hosted the first-ever BIMSTEC Conference on Combating Drug Trafficking in New Delhi.
- It was organized by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), India’s federal agency for drug law enforcement.
- The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has flagged off ‘Apiary on Wheels’.
- ‘Apiary on Wheels’ is a unique concept designed by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) for the easy upkeep and migration of Bee Boxes having live Bee colonies.
- It is a holistic approach to address the challenges faced by the beekeepers.
- It is designed so as to reduce the labour and cost of maintaining and up keeping Bee Boxes and live bee colonies across India.
Answer : d
- The vivad se vishwas schemewas announced by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman during her budget speech on February 1, 2020.
- The scheme aims to settle the huge number of pending direct tax cases.
Answer : a
As per the Sixth Schedule, the four states viz. Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram contain the Tribal Areas which are technically different from the Scheduled Areas.
Though these areas fall within the executive authority of the state, provision has been made for the creation of the District Councils and regional councils for the exercise of the certain legislative and judicial powers. Each district is an autonomous district and Governor can modify / divide the boundaries of the said Tribal areas by notification.