Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 13 Feb 2020
Finance Minister Shrimati Nirmala Sithraman presented the Budget 2020 on 1 February 2020. The Budget focuses on three prominent themes “Aspirational India, Economic Development for All and A Caring Society”.
- On 6th February it was announced it will create a platform to assess the penetration of different kinds of digital payment methods in rural, urban and semi-urban areas by launching the Digital Payment Index.
- It will be made available from July this year and will also help understand the effects of policy decisions made by the RBI.
- S. Department of State has approved the potential sale of a $1.867 billion Integrated Air Defence Weapon System (IADWS) to India.
- The Integrated Air Defence Weapon System, also known as the National Advanced Surface to Air Missile System (NASAMS), provides integrated air missile defence.
- The IADWS system includes radar, launchers, targeting, and guidance systems, advanced medium-range air-to-air missile (AMRAAM) and Stinger missiles, and related equipment and support.
Answer : c
- Marginal Cost of funds based Lending rate (MCLR) The marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR) refers to the minimum interest rate of a bank below which it cannot lend, except in some cases allowed by the RBI.
- It is an internal benchmark or reference rate for the bank”.
Answer : b
- India has bought the Ka 226 T light helicopter from Russia.
- The Kamov Ka-226 is a small, twin-engine Russian utility helicopter.