Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 11 Oct 2019
The Union Minister for Textiles launched Project SURE, a move towards sustainable fashion. The SURE project is a commitment by India’s apparel industry to set a sustainable pathway for the Indian fashion industry. SURE stands for ‘Sustainable Resolution’ – a firm commitment from the industry to move towards fashion that contributes to a clean environment.
16 countries in the East Asian, Southeast Asian, South Asian regions
(Including India), USA and RUSSIA are its members. Trade is an important focus for the summit.
ASEAN+3 includes the 10 members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) plus China, Japan, and South Korea. It excludes India.
China has consistently blocked India’s bid to APEC membership.
Answer : d
- Union Textile Ministry has recently launched the second phase of the Cotton Technical Assistance Programme (TAP) for Africa at the Partners Conference in Geneva.
- In the five year long second phase, the programme will be scaled up in size and coverage and will be introduced in five additional countries, namely Mali, Ghana, Togo, Zambia and Tanzania.
- The Cotton TAP programme will now cover 11 African countries including the C4 (Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad and Mali).
- India implemented a Technical Assistance Programme (TAP) for cotton in 6 African countries, namely – Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, Malawi, Nigeria and Uganda from 2012 to 2018.
- In India, the term Leader of the House has been defined in Rules of Procedure of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha.
- The Leader of the House, according to Rule 2 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Lok Sabha means the Prime Minister, if he is a Member of the House or a Minister who is a Member of the House and is nominated by the Prime Minister to function as the Leader of the House.
- The Prime Minister is invariably the Leader of the Lok Sabha.
- Rule 2(1) of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business in the Rajya Sabha is identically worded.
Bollywood actor Anupam Kher is has come out with his autobiography titled-‘Lessons Life Taught Me Unknowingly’. The book is expected to offer a kaleidoscopic peep into life and times of Kher as an actor and entertainer.