Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 10 Jan 2020
- The Union Cabinet has recently given its approval for the ratification of Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement between India and France.
- The Agreement was signed in March, 2018 during the State Visit of the French President to India.
- The Agreement represents a major milestone in enhancing people-to-people contacts, fostering mobility of students, academics, researchers and skilled professionals .
- The Agreement is initially valid for a period of seven years, incorporates provision for automatic renewal and a monitoring mechanism through a Joint Working Group.
- The treaty was opened for signature on December 1, 1959, and officially entered into force on June 23, 1961.
- The original signatories were 12 countries: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Chile, France, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, South Africa, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- India is also a party to the Antarctic Treaty.
- It aims for making Antarctic Continent as demilitarized zone to be preserved for scientific research only.
- The Mizoram State Government is organising “Zo Kutpui Festival” across 10 states in the country and also in other countries.
- It will also be organized in Maryland in the USA, Tahan in Myanmar, Churachandpur in Manipur and Bangladesh.
- The move is an attempt to unify and strengthen the brotherhood among various Mizo tribes living in different parts of the world.
- The Mizoram Government is trying to unify the Mizo population in the country and also across the world.
- In India, the Mizo population is found in Manipur, Tripura and Mizoram. There are 12 Mizo clans identified.
- In India, most of the coal production comes from open-cast mines.
Major coal mining regions
- Chendipada, Chendipada-II- Orissa
- Dongri Tal II in Madhya Pradesh
- Mednirai in Jharkhand
- Birmingham will host the 2022 Common Wealth Games.