Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 09 June 2020
- Finland is ranked as the world’s happiest nation for the third consecutive year.
- India ranked dropped to 144 from the last year 140.
- The Sustainable Development Solutions Network for the United Nations released the World Happiness Report.
- India’s global position in Happiness Index is lower than its neighboring countries
Nepal (92), Pakistan (66), Bangladesh (107) and Sri Lanka (130).
India has joined the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) as an Observer State.
Indian Ocean Commission (IOC):
- It is an inter-governmental organization that was created in 1982 at Port Louis,
Mauritius and institutionalized in 1984 by the Victoria Agreement in Seychelles.
Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Réunion island (an overseas region of France)
China, Malta, European Union, International Organisation of La Francophonie (OIF) and now India.
- A low Earth orbit (LEO) is an Earth-centered orbit with an altitude of 2,000 km (1,200 mi) or less. The ISS maintains an orbit with an average altitude of 400 km (250 mi) in Low Earth Orbit.
- Geostationary orbitis the orbit at 35,785 km (22,236 miles) above Earth.
- The ISS program does not include ISRO; it is a multi-national collaborative project between five space agencies: NASA (United States), Roscosmos (Russia), JAXA (Japan), ESA (Europe), and CSA (Canada).
Answer : c
- The Persian Gulf is bordered by Bahrain, Oman, Iran, Qatar, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and United Arab Emirates.
Answer : b
The Committee on Doubling Farmers’ Income (DFI) chaired by Ashok Dalwai recommended on the strategies to achieve the target.
The report was submitted in fourteen volumes focusing on:
- Demand Driven Agricultural Logistics System.
- Developing Hub and Spoke System at back-end as well as front-end.
- Marketing Intelligence System.
Farmer-centric National Agricultural Marketing System.