Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 04 June 2020
- Styrene is an organic compoundwith the formula C8H8.
- It is a derivative of benzene (C6H6).
- It is stored in factories as a liquid, but evaporates easily, and has to be kept at temperatures under 20°C.
- Styrene is found in vehicle exhaust, cigarette smoke, and in natural foods like fruits and vegetables.
It is a flammable liquid that is used in the manufacturing of polystyrene plastics, fiberglass, rubber, and latex.
- Spanish flu of 1918 was caused by the H1N1 influenza virus.
- COVID-19 is not caused by influenza virus, it is caused by SARS-COV-2 virus of the coronavirus family.
- H5N1 is a type of influenza virus that causes a highly infectious, severe respiratory disease in birds called avian influenza (or “bird flu”).
- The Natuna Islands is located in Indonesia’s Riau Islands province, the west side of the South China Sea.
- The Island overlaps with China’s nine-dash line claim under which China argues that the waters around the Natuna islands are Chinese traditional fishing grounds.
- The ‘peace clause’ said that no country would be legally barred from food security programmes even if the subsidy breached the limits specified in the WTO agreement on agriculture.
- This ‘peace clause’ was expected to be in force for four years until 2017, by which time the protagonists hoped to find a permanent solution to the problem.
- The zoonotic diseases is transmitted to humans from animals.
- H1N1 is a Swine influenza common infection in pigs worldwide.
- Ebola most commonly affects people and nonhuman primates (such as monkeys, gorillas, and chimpanzees).
- Zika virus is transmitted to people primarily through the bite of an infected Aedes species mosquito.
- The Nipah virus often infects animals such as pigs and fruit bats.