Daily Current Affairs Answer & Explanation : 02 March 2021
- Led by the US’s International Development Finance Corporation (DFC), the Blue Dot network was jointly launched by the US, Japan (Japanese Bank for International Cooperation) and Australia (Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) in November 2019 on the sidelines of the 35th ASEAN Summit in Thailand.
The Karlapat sanctuary is located in Kalahandi district, Odisha covering a dense patch of lush green dry deciduous forest. The sanctuary is rich in wildlife such as leopard, gaur, sambar, nilgai, barking deer, mouse deer,soft claws ottawa, a wide variety of birds and reptiles.
The first Gender Social Norms Index was recently released by the UN Development Programmme (UNDP).
This index measures how social beliefs obstruct gender equality in areas like politics, work, and education, and contains data from 75 countries, covering over 80 percent of the world’s population.
- The index found new clues to the invisible barriers women face in achieving equality – potentially forging a path forward to breaking through the so-called “glass ceiling”.
- Long Term Reverse Repo Operation (LTRO) is a mechanism to facilitate the transmission of monetary policyactions and the flow of credit to the economy. This helps in injecting liquidity in the banking system.
- Funds through LTRO are provided at the repo rate. This means that banks can avail one year and three-year loans at the same interest rate of one day repo.
- The Virtual Police Station is an initiative by the Andhra Pradesh government.
- It is to demystify the police station and acquaint the public with the functioning of a police station electronically without visiting it physically.
- It will set up in the educational institutions as a pilot project and it will educate public about the functioning of police stations and how to file a FIR.