Crime & Criminal Tracking Network System
Why in News?
The Valedictory session of the 2nd Conference on ‘Good Practices in Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS)/ Interoperable Criminal Justice System (ICJS) was held recently.
The components of ICJS such as eForensics, eProsecutions & ePrisons, have all been expanded manifold.
- The Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and System (Crime & Criminals Tracking Network and Systems-CCTNS) is a mission mode project established in the year 2009 under the National e-Governance Plan.
- The agreement was signed between NCRB and BSNL in the year 2011 to provide network connectivity under the CCTNS project.
- It functions under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- CCTNS aims to build a comprehensive and integrated system, adopting the principles of e-governance.
- Through this, a nationwide infrastructure network of criminals and crimes will be created to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of police services.
Facts for Prelims:
Mount Ili Lewotolok:
It is a volcano located in eastern Indonesia erupts.
It was erupted recently.
The 5,423-meter (17,790-foot) mountain is one of the three currently erupting in Indonesia along with Merapi on Java Island and Sinabung on Sumatra Island.