Why in News?
Recently in Myanmar, the army has been declared a state of emergency there.
- People of the Chin community living in Mizoram have feared the exodus of their families living in neighboring Myanmar.
- A large number of people from the Chin community took refuge in Mizoram, India to escape Myanmar’s persecution.
- Given the current circumstances in Myanmar, the Chin community in Mizoram fears that more people may come here to seek refuge, as most of them have close ties in Myanmar.
- The Chin community is a major ethnic community in Myanmar. It is considered to be one of the founding groups of Burma Union, Chin, Kachin, Shan and Myanmar.
- The Chin ethnography was rejected after the Burma census of 1891 and the Chin community came to be considered a mountain tribe.
The migration of the Chin community from Myanmar to India began in 1989 as the army there in 1988 began to take very strict action against the protests against their rule.
Facts for Prelims :
- It is a hackathon organized at the national level by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- It aims to promote innovation in agriculture and allied sectors in the country.
- It also provides an opportunity for faculties, innovators and students to showcase their innovative approaches and technologies in agriculture and allied sectors.
- KRI-TA-GYA means KRI (Agriculture) for Agriculture, TA (Technology) for Technology and GYA (Knowledge) for Knowledge.