Daily Current Affairs – 2020
Topic: For Prelims and Mains
Asia-Pacific Personalised Health Index
Why in News?
- India ranked 10th out of 11 in this newly-launched health index, released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- It measures the progress of 11 Asia Pacific countries across the region towards personalised healthcare.
- [Countries – Australia, China, Japan, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and New Zealand.]
- It measures their readiness in adopting personalised healthcare, enabling the right care to be tailored to the right person at the right time.
It measures performance against 27 different indicators of personalised health across four categories called ”Vital Signs”. These include,
- Policy Context indicator takes into account the polities, frameworks, partnerships, people and drivers that will facilitate personalised healthcare.
- Health Information indicator takes into account data, infrastructure and technical expertise driving personalised healthcare.
- Personalised Technologies indicator takes into account the devices, applications, platforms and reimbursement structures that will drive personalised healthcare based on stakeholders’ needs.
- Health Services indicator takes into account planning, organisation and delivery of services with respect to personalised healthcare.
Facts for Prelims :
Global Climate Risk Index 2021
India was ranked the 7th worst-hit country in 2019 in this index, released by environmental think tank Germanwatch.
- This Index ranked countries according to their vulnerability to extreme weather events like storms, floods and heat waves.
- Eight of the 10 countries most affected between 2000 and 2019 were developing countries with low or lower middle income per capita.
- It said that the vulnerable people in developing countries suffered most from extreme weather events, whereas the impact of climate change was visible around the globe.
- It pushes for the need to support developing countries in coping with the effects of climate change.